Man struck by van in West Bend has died from his injuries
WEST BEND — Officials say a 67-year-old man struck and killed by a vehicle in West Bend on Tuesday, October 30th died on Wednesday.
The man has been identified as Gerald Malsom of West Bend.
Officials say the accident occurred near the intersection of Main Street and Decorah Road in West Bend — near Badger Middle School.
Malsom was taken to the hospital and was listed in critical condition Tuesday night.
A FOX6 News crew at the scene reported a Dodge Caravan near the intersection with front end damage.
Officials said Malsom was not in a crosswalk and was crossing the street at mid-block.
According to the West Bend School District Calender, there was an orchestra concert at the middle school Tuesday night. Officials confirmed to FOX6 News Malsom was headed to the school for the concert when he was struck.
The van driver stayed at the scene and was being interviewed by police. Officials say the driver is a 41-year-old woman from Kewaskum.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo