Vigil Wednesday night to remember man fatally beaten
MILWAUKEE — A vigil was held Wednesday evening, November 7th in honor of Mariano Lopez. Lopez was fatally beaten outside Tropical Latino near S. 5th Street over the weekend.
45-year-old Lopez was reportedly beaten to death outside Tropical Latino by a large group of individuals around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, November 4th. Family members believe an argument may have led to the attack.
“He was an awesome man. He cared about everyone. He’s got three grandchildren. He was the perfect grandfather,” a loved one of Lopez said.
“I think we should all be worried that there are people waiting among us who have the ability to beat someone to death,” Romo-West said.
Perez is calling for anyone with information into this incident to come forward, and contact the Milwaukee Police Department.
“This was a senseless tragedy, and I am urging those with information to come forward so that justice can be served,” Alderman Perez said in a statement to FOX6 News.
“Hopefully these guys that did it, you know, they don’t sleep at night. I just pray that there is justice,” a loved one of Lopez said.
Leaders believe someone saw something, or someone may have information that could help police in this case.
“We will work together to get justice for Mariano. Every piece of information helps,” Alderman Perez said.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery