Miss America Laura Kaeppeler will sing in Kenosha
KENOSHA (AP) — Miss America is making an appearance in her hometown of Kenosha.
Laura Kaeppeler will sing at the Kenosha tree lighting ceremony Nov. 23 at the Civil War Museum. Kaeppeler will perform several Christmas songs, backed up by a local jazz group.
She attended Carthage College in Kenosha, where she majored in music and vocal performance. She sang opera during the competition last January, where her platform was supporting and mentoring children of incarcerated parents.
The next Miss America is crowned in January.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?