Clay Matthews out for game against the Lions
GREEN BAY — Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said during his weekly news conference on Wednesday, November 14th that Clay Matthews will not be on the field for the game against the Lions this week.
Coach McCarthy says it may be a couple of weeks before he’s back in action. But he says the team has planned for Matthews’ absence.
Matthews hurt his hamstring in the game against the Arizona Cardinals at Lambeau Field a couple of Sundays ago.
McCarthy told reporters the bye week has helped the team. “We have to be smart about it with the extended time we’ve had off. We’re definitely fresher,” said McCarthy.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!