Extra odorant in gas prompts evacuation at Waterford lab

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WATERFORD — More odorant than usual in the natural gas prompted an evacuation at Continental Medical Labs in Waterford on Friday morning, November 16th.

Workers in the lab’s lunch room smelled gas in late morning. They called the fire department and immediately evacuated the building.

One woman suffered minor injuries when she fell during that evacuation.

We Energies was called in and found the natural gas servicing the building had too much odorant. There never was a gas leak of any kind.

All employees at Continental Medical Labs were sent home for the weekend.

Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.