Man fatally shot by hunting partner in Douglas County
TOWN OF SUPERIOR (AP) — Authorities say a man was accidentally shot and killed by his hunting partner in Douglas County.
Sheriff’s officials say the shooting happened about 5 p.m. Monday in the town of Superior _ a few miles east of the Wisconsin-Minnesota border.
Deputies and fire and rescue personnel used machinery to cut brush and an all-terrain vehicle to get access to the victim in the woods.
WDIO-TV reports the victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Identities have not been released.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe