Candy Cane Lane opens for 27th year on Friday, Nov. 23rd
WEST ALLIS — The lights will be turned on for the 27th annual Candy Cane Lane in West Allis on Friday evening, November 23rd.
The West Allis neighborhood bounded by Oklahoma and Montana Avenues and 92nd to 96th Street is transformed into a winter wonderland in November and December to benefit the MACC Fund. This year’s goal is $105,000.
The holiday lights will be aglow from Nov. 23 – Dec. 26, 6-9 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 5-10 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
The event is free, but visitors are encouraged leave a donation. The donations translate into a perpetual gift of hope and life for children with cancer. The official collection site is at the corner of 95th & Manitoba.
Santa Claus will make an appearance every night from December 6 through December 23rd.
The MACC Fund is leading the fight against childhood cancer and related blood disorders. The primary beneficiary of MACC Fund support is the Midwest Children’s Cancer Center, located at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
For more information or to make an on-line donation, visit candycanelanewi.com.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?