In the coming weeks many people will be hosting holiday parties, and since we live in Wisconsin you have to include a little cheese. Laura Langemo joins FOX6 WakeUp live from Bacchus Restaurant with holiday entertaining tips using Wisconsin products.
Roth Kase Gruyere Fondue
Serves : 8-12 people as an appetizer
- 1 lb Roth Kase Gruyere, grated
- 1 lb Roth Kase Grand Cru Gruyere Surchoix, grated
- 2 cups Riesling or gwertztraminer wine, preferably not too sweet
- ¼ cup kirsch or other cherry brandy
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine the corn starch and the kirsch, mixing to make sure the corn starch is completely dissolved.
- Rub the inside of a heavy stainless steel sauce pot, or a ceramic pot, with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- Place the pot over medium heat and add the wine, bring to a simmer.
- Gradually add the cheese, constantly stirring.
- Once the cheese is completely melted, stir in the mustard, cayenne and the kirsch-corns starch mixture.
- Serve with baguette, or with your favorite vegetables, cooked meats or cheeses.