Chef Feker joins FOX6 WakeUp with a way to bring new life to leftovers. Check out his delicious Mediterranean chicken salad.
IL MITO’s Mediterranean Chicken salad
This is a great salad created from all of your healthy leftover ingredients.
Chop all remaining/leftover ingredients from your chicken stir fry, add some fresh peas and serve atop a bed of organic mixed greens. Finish your creation with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon for a light, healthy and delicious lunch.
Below is the original stir fry recipe:
· 1/4-cup balsamic vinegar
· 1/4 cup dry Marsala
· 2 tablespoon of organic GMO free soy sauce
· 1Tablespoon of chopped basil (fresh)
· 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
· 1 orange zested and juiced
· 6, 4-oz. breast of organic chicken
· 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into strips
· 1 zucchini sliced length wise and then cut in half moon
· 1/2 onion peeled and sliced
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch
· Sea salt to taste
· White pepper to taste
· Serve with white or brown rice pilaf (or try it over creamy risotto or polenta!)
1. Whisk first six ingredients in large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, heat one tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Dredge your chicken breasts in the cornstarch and then sear your chicken on both sides working in batches, two minutes per side.
3. After your chicken has been seared, set aside and let rest. After three minutes of resting, slice your chicken against the grain into thin strips.
4. Heat oil in heavy large wok or skillet over high heat.
5. Add vegetables and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
6. Increase heat to high and then add your chicken strips to the vegetables. Cook for one minute.
7. Add marinade mixture and bring to a boil until sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
8. Season to taste with salt and fresh pepper. Serve over rice, risotto or polenta.