Man charged with sexual assault of teen to be sentenced
WAUKESHA — 21-year-old Daniel Schmidt, the Waukesha man accused of using a social networking site to meet and have sexual contact with a 13-year-old boy, will be sentenced Monday, December 3rd.
Schmidt pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing child pornography Tuesday, October 16th. As part of the plea deal, 11 other possession of child pornography counts against Schmidt were dismissed.
Schmidt was first arrested after police in Milwaukee County caught him posing as a 16-year-old on the website Skout.com. A criminal complaint indicates Schmidt had contact with a victim in an age-restricted group on Skout.com that included only 13-16 year olds. That alleged contact prompted a partial shutdown of Skout.com, a social networking site.
Schmidt is awaiting trial in the Skout case, for sexual assault of a child.
Schmidt pleaded not guilty in August to multiple criminal charges including child pornography, maintaining a drug trafficking place and manufacturing and delivering THC.
- Daniel Schmidt pleads guilty to possession of child porn charges
- Daniel Schmidt faces additional charges in Waukesha County
- Daniel Schmidt enters not guilty pleas to multiple charges
- Man charged with sexual assault of teen pleads not guilty
- Man charged with sexual assault after meeting teen on Skout.com
- Flirting app Skout suspends use by teens after child rape accusations