Governor’s mansion looking to renovate kitchens
MADISON–The Department of Administration sent a request to the Building Commission for permission to renovate the kitchens in the Governor’s mansion this week.
The renovations are estimated to cost around $478,000. A majority of the funds will be raised by the Wisconsin Executive Residence Foundation.
The Executive Residence hosts over 15,000 guests every year for receptions, dinners, meetings, and public tours.
The kitchen has not been renovated since 1986. The kitchen is expected to get new energy efficient equipment which will lower operational energy expenses.
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and his family do not use the the house as their primary residence. They live in their family home in Wauwatosa.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City