IL MITO’S Roasted Organic Rack of Veal
• 2 cups of your favorite dried fruits (cranberry, apricot, cherry, blueberry, figs, ect.)
• 1/4 cup raw turbenado sugar
• 2 shallots, sliced thin
• 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
• 1 cup white wine
• 1 organic veal rack, French cut
• 1 Tbsp mustard
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup white balsamic
• 1 cinnamon stick
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Sea salt and white pepper
1. Combine sugar, wine, balsamic and cinnamon in a pot, and bring to simmer over medium heat.
Add the dried fruits and cover. Remove from heat and let stand for 2 hours to allow the marriage of
flavors to begin (this can be done a day ahead).
2. Strain fruit from liquid and set aside (this is your mostarda). Reduce the liquid by half and set aside.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Season the veal rack with salt and pepper, rubbing vigorously.
5. Heat a large pan over medium heat and then add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
6. Sear the veal rack, flesh side down, for 3 minutes.
7. Place under broiler and cook to desired doneness.
8. Remove veal rack from pan and set aside to rest.
9. In the same pan sauté shallots and garlic until fragrant. Deglaze pan with the reserved, reduced fruit
juices. Add the thyme and reduce to a sauce consistency.
10. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in mustard and butter. Season your sauce to taste with salt
and white pepper.
11. Slice veal rack into two-bone segments and serve atop the mostarda.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee