Packers fans ready to celebrate Aaron Rodgers Day
GREEN BAY (AP) — To most people, Wednesday will just be a quirky date: Dec. 12, 2012, or 12-12-12. But to Packers fans, the number 12 carries special meaning.
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers wears No. 12. So earlier this year the state Legislature designated the day Aaron Rodgers Day in honor of the Super Bowl winner and last year’s MVP.
Some public and private businesses are encouraging their employees to wear Rodgers jerseys Wednesday. Others are encouraging $12 donations to the MACC Fund charity. A Green Bay mall is offering special deals, including $20 Aaron Rodgers T-shirts for $12.
Rodgers has said he prefers to deflect personal attention to his team, but he was honored by the proclamation.
Rodgers’ predecessor wore No. 4. However, the state Legislature never named April 4, 2004 Brett Favre Day.
How will you celebrate Aaron Rodgers Day? Share a comment below.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him