Fire causes $5,000 in damage Wednesday at Lambeau Field
GREEN BAY — A fire caused $5,000 dollars in damage Wednesday, December 12th at Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
The fire broke out Wednesday afternoon near the fourth floor where construction continues. Workers were cutting a beam off when sparks flew into a wall. Some foam installation then started on fire.
The area was evacuated, and no one was hurt.
“From my understating, the fire was not big deal, but they weren’t able to attack the fire rather quickly because they had to get that water supply before opening that void space. They didn’t want to get that extra oxygen. That’s why things took a little longer,” Lt. Nick Craig with the Green Bay Fire Department said.
More than 30 fire officials responded to the fire and were on scene for about an hour.