Shovelers help clear away snow from Lambeau Field
GREEN BAY – A heavy snow storm swept across most of Wisconsin Thursday, December 20th, coating the seats at Lambeau Field.
The heavy snowfall prompted the Packers to put out the call for shovelers and on Friday, December 21st hundreds of shovelers turned out to help clear snow from Lambeau Field.
The shoveling ritual is a frequent occurrence at Lambeau, an outdoor stadium that can get heavy snowfall in a short time. Heating coils under the field help keep the playing surface snow-free, but snow can pile up pretty quickly in the stands.
Green Bay hosts the Tennessee Titans at noon Sunday.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed