Chef Feker prepares Pecan-crusted Wisconsin Walleye
The next time you have a craving for Wisconsin walleye, you might want to consider Chef Feker’s tasty recipe using pecans.
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
• 1/4 cup flour
• 1/2 cup low-fat milk
• 4, 6-oz walleye fillets
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 4 lemon wedges
1. Combine breadcrumbs, pecans, salt and garlic in a shallow dish.
2. Dredge each fillet lightly in flour; shake excess flour off.
3. Dip each fillet in milk to evenly coat; allow the excess to drain by holding the filet up-right for a few seconds before placing in the bread crumbs.
4. Dredge each fillet in pecan mixture, pat well; shake excess.
5. Meanwhile heat butter in large nonstick skillet until golden brown; add fillets 2 at a time and cook on each side for 3 minutes on medium heat. When golden brown, test with a back of a fork for a flaky texture.
6. Serve warm with fresh lemon wedges.