Officials release name of deputy involved in Delafield incident
DELAFIELD (WITI) — Waukesha County Sheriff’s officials have released the name of the individual involved in an officer-involved shooting incident in Delafield on Tuesday, January 8th.
Sheriff’s officials were called to a home on Twin Oaks Drive just before 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday after a 911 caller reported a 31-year-old man was suicidal and in possession of a shotgun.
Officials say there were two other family members inside the home at the time.
Michael Doud, a 52-year-old Waukesha County Sheriff’s Deputy with 22 years of service shot the man after he reportedly failed to comply with commands from officials to drop his weapon.
The 31-year-old was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital, where he remained on Wednesday.
Officials say this incident is being investigated by the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?