Serves 4 This is one of IL MITO Catering’s most requested menu items. A gift from our Italian immigrants of the Chicago area, Fekerized and revived for health and flavor.
• 4 medium new potatoes, quartered
• 8 medium size mushrooms stems trimmed and cut in quarters
• 4, 6-ounce chicken breasts, bone in skin on, organic preferred
• 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
• 1 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped fine
• 1 teaspoon of oregano, chopped fine
• 1 cup of dry white wine
• 1 cup of chicken broth
• 1 cup of flour
• 4 oz of cream
• 4 cloves of garlic crushed
• Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Season each breast with a generous amount of salt and pepper and then dredge each in flour.
2. Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottom pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Sear the chicken breasts two at a time, two minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
4. In the same pan, sear the potatoes for 2 minutes, add the garlic cloves and sauté for another minute.
5. Add the herbs first then the lemon juice. Immediately add the mushrooms and sauté for another minute.
6. Add the wine and reduce by half.
7. Add the chicken stock and reduce by half.
8. Return the chicken to the party and cook, partially covered, until done, about 4 minutes max.
9. Remove the chicken and the potatoes and place on a serving platter of your choice. Cover with foil to maintain temperature while resting.
10. Reduce the sauce to a glaze and then add the cream. Bring to a simmer and pour over the chicken.
11. Enjoy with some fresh sautéed seasonal vegetables.