Chef Feker joins Real Milwaukee to make his nutritious steamed Alaskan cod and season vegetables. This dish is delicious, nutritious and will fill you kitchen with aromatics and amazing energy.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
• 4, 6-oz filet of Alaskan Cod
• 2 small carrots peeled and cut in ¼ inch angled cuts
• 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
• 1/2 red onion sliced in half moon
• 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pits removed and slivered
• 1 lemon cut in thin rounds
• 4 tomatoes chopped
• 2 teaspoon of capers rough chopped
• ¼ oz fresh basil sliced in shreds
• 1 sprig of fresh rosemary left whole
• 4 teaspoons fresh oregano leafs left whole
• 1 fennel the stems removed peeled and chopped fine and used for the sauce and the bulb sliced in 1/8 of an inch halfmoon
• 1 ea. red, yellow, green bell pepper seeded, sliced round, ends diced up and saved for the sauce
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 12 oz artichoke hearts cut in quarters
• 1/2 lb small red potatoes cut in quarters
• 1/4 cup of white wine
• 3/4 cup of chicken stock
- Place a stainless steamer on the burner at low heat.
- Place ½ of the onions ½ of the carrot ½ of the garlic the chopped up fennel stems, the chopped up peppers and the chopped tomato and sauté at low temperature, when your onions turn soft and translucent about 3 minutes, add chicken stock and white wine and increase heat and allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Meanwhile, toss all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper arrange the cod in the steamer basket first and top the cod with the vegetables except the potato which you need to put in the sauce to cook.
- Place steamer basket over the steaming liquid cover the top and let cook for 10 minutes.
Chef’s note: make sure there is enough room between your filets for the steam to penetrate evenly.