Pet expo at State Fair Park helps animals find homes
WEST ALLIS (WITI) — From reptiles to puppies, there is something for everyone at the Great Lakes Pet Expo. Hundreds of animals are matched with potential owners.
“They deserve to be in a home where they’re loved and cared for and have a family,” volunteer Beth Enneking said.
One of the special pups looking for a home is Ethan. He’s a two-year-old pit bull.
“He’s really, really a sweet dog,” Ethan’s foster mom Jean Mueller said.
Ethan’s start in life was not easy. He was found tied to a tree, abused and abandoned. He was just 24 pounds when he came into Mueller’s life.
“He was very emaciated, he was basically nothing but skin and bones,” she said.
She fostered him back to health. Now, he’s ready to find the perfect fit.
“He would be best in a home with either another dog he can play with or kids that he can play with,” Mueller said.
Hundreds of animals greet thousands of people with licks to their faces and paws in their hands.
“Just about every person you’ll meet here at the expo has that passion and really wants to help,” Enneking said.
It’s that kindness Mueller and Ethan are hoping to find.
“I have a feeling this is going to be the place where we find just the right place,” she said.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father