Favre, Rodgers present at NFL Awards in New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS (WITI) — There was a moment at the NFL Awards in New Orleans on Saturday night, February 2nd that some are calling awkward.
Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers, arguably the two best quarterbacks the Green Bay Packers have ever seen, were there to present the Comeback Player of the Year award to Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.
The moment led to this interesting exchange between Favre and Rodgers:
Favre: You know, Aaron. Everyone loves it when a great player makes a comeback.
Rodgers: Yeah, not always. Some people wish great players would just retire and stay retired.
Favre: Good to see you too, Aaron.
Rodgers: You too, man. (Applause). That was awkward.
The exchange was obviously scripted. But it led to loud applause and laughter in the crowd at the NFL Awards.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee