Sheriff Clarke again defends gun control PSA
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke appeared on FOX’s Judge Pirro show and defended his recent public service announcement regarding the issue of gun control.
In the PSA, Sheriff Clarke says, “With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option. You could beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there.”
CLICK HERE to listen to the PSA
On FOX’s Judge Pirro show, Clarke said: “Judge, the concept that an individual doesn’t play a critical role in their own protection is foreign to me as a matter of fact. Personal safety is an individual responsibility. Part of my job is to give people the honest truth of what’s going on.”
Sheriff Clarke says the more people are engaged in their own safety, the better the city of Milwaukee can be.
Critics say Sheriff Clarke’s PSA is irresponsible and encourages people to be vigilantes.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?