Madison man behind on child support arrested after winning at casino
MADISON (WITI) – A Madison man behind on his child support by about $6,000.00 was arrested Wednesday night, February 6th, after Dane County Sheriff’s deputies learned he had recently won $10,000 in cash at DeJope Casino.
28-year-old Emmanuel Haslett was taken into custody during a traffic stop at Highway 30 and Fair Oaks Avenue in the town of Blooming Grove approximately 8:00 pm.
At the time of his arrest, Haslett had over $13,000 in cash in his possession.
He was booked into the Dane Count Jail on the warrant for non-support and also cited for Operating After Suspension and No Insurance.
There are currently 975 outstanding warrants for child support in Dane County, and one Sheriff’s deputy is assigned full-time to child support enforcement.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City