New report says one in five workers aren’t saving for retirement
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Are you saving enough for your golden years? A new worldwide study suggests most adults are not putting away enough for retirement.
The study commissioned by HSBC found more than half of the world’s working population is not preparing adequately for retirement.
Nearly one in five workers aren’t saving anything at all.
The survey found most blame the daily cost of living as the biggest reason folks can’t afford to save.
Among those who do save, on average, they expect retirement to last 18 years, but they believe their savings will run out after just 10 years.
READ IT: HSBC Retirement Report
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed