Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig to guest on ‘Arrested Development’
(CNN) — The already all-star “Arrested Development” cast is expanding.
When new episodes of the fan favorite series arrive on Netflix in May, they’ll feature two new guests stars: Kristen Wiig and Seth Rogen.
Although Netflix is keeping the extent of their involvement hush-hush, New York Magazine’s Vulture reports that Wiig will portray a younger Lucille Bluth.
This new season will include 14 episodes, with each one revolving around one character’s point of view as others float in and out of the storyline, creator and executive producer Mitch Hurwitz said at the TCA panel in January. “[I]t’s kind of an evolution of the storytelling that was necessary,” he explained.
Details on what’s to come are slim, but it sounds like Hurwitz and co. are working hard to retain an element of mystery with their new “Arrested” offerings.
“The spirit of this was to surprise fans with something that they didn’t see coming,” Hurwitz said of the revamped “Arrested” in January. “There was so much talk about the movie that we thought, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to still do the movie but to give everybody this thing they didn’t see coming.’”
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City