UWM gets defensive in 64-53 victory over UIC
MILWAUKEE — In their defense, the 7-22 Milwaukee Panthers (3-12 Horizon League) haven’t quit on Rob Jeter, and it showed in Wednesday night’s 64-53 win over Illinois-Chicago in the Klotsche Center.
The Panthers extinguished the Flames by holding them to 35.1% shooting, while sinking 9 of 20 from beyond the arc. Paris Gulley made 5 of those three-pointers on his way to 17 points.
Milwaukee has two road games remaining before the Horizon League tournament.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee