Police search for shooter on campus of Coastal Carolina University
(CNN) — A shooting was reported Tuesday night on the campus of Coastal Carolina University in Conway, South Carolina, university public safety dispatcher Amy Clum told CNN.
The shooter was being sought, she said.
“The shooting is not ongoing,” the dean of students’ Twitter page said. “Police continue to search for one suspect. Stay indoors.”
More than 9,000 students attend the school, which is located on 630 acres about 15 miles northwest of Myrtle Beach.
Coastal Carolina University was founded in 1954 as Coastal Carolina Junior College. It became an independent university in 1993.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City