MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The City of Milwaukee has declared a snow emergency will take effect as of 5 p.m. Wednesday, February 27th and run through 5 a.m. Thursday.
The city’s website says a snow emergency is declared done during heavy snowfalls or when snow combines with winds that produce blizzard conditions.
During a snow emergency, these parking restrictions are in effect:
- No parking is allowed on arterials, bus lines or through highways from 11PM – 6AM
- No parking on that side of residential streets signed “No Parking During Snow Emergency”, “No Parking from Dec 1st to Mar 1st” or “No Parking Anytime.”
- Posted signs for other parking restrictions must be obeyed, specifically the 4” Rule. On other residential streets, comply with the alternate side night parking regulations.
- Vehicles parked on streets designated as “Snow Route Tow Away Zones” will be ticketed and towed when a snow emergency is declared.
- MPS has designated certain school playgrounds available for parking during snow emergencies from 7PM to 7AM and during designated cleanup periods. Cars not removed by 7AM are subject to ticketing and towing.