DPW reminds residents of rules following snow emergency
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works reminds Milwaukeeans that there are several things residents and property owners need to know and do following a major snow storm.
• Continuing to follow winter parking regulations until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, February 28. Beginning Friday, March 1, regular parking regulations resume.
• Shoveling sidewalks within 24 hours after the snow stops falling.
• Do not blow or shovel sidewalk snow back into plowed streets.
• Clearing a path to garbage and recycling carts so DPW crews can service them with few snow and ice obstructions.
• Looking up your next garbage and recycling collection dates at www.milwaukee.gov/mpw, and setting your carts out at the curb or alley line. This helps
DPW crews catch up on missed collection days due to the snow. You can call 286-CITY (2489) to get this information as well.
DPW crews need 18 to 24 hours to plow all City streets curb to curb. We ask that residents be patient, as plows and salters will get to all streets. If your street needs some extra attention, please call 286-CITY to alert us.