Oak Creek McDonald’s employee alerts police to drunk driver
OAK CREEK (WITI) – He wanted fast food, and now, he’s facing a felony. 24-year-old Christopher Wolf of Franklin is charged with three counts after being accused of leading cops on a high speed chase.
Early Saturday morning, March 2nd, police say an order was taken at an Oak Creek McDonald’s drive-thru. The woman behind the counter noticed slurred speech and the smell of booze coming from the driver.
The McDonald’s employee called police. When cops arrived, they eventually noticed the driver taking off.
Wolf led officers on a chase for about 80 seconds — blowing through two traffic lights with officers reaching speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour.
Eventually, the car was stopped by a snow bank, and police say the driver stopped, but not before resisting arrest.
Neighbors said the incident was hard to believe.
“That can sometimes lead to somebody getting hurt really bad — even Chris himself. That, nobody wants to see,” Marion Myers said.
Police reports say Wolf did not remember any of the pursuit, and was more than twice the legal limit.
Wolf’s next court date is scheduled for next Tuesday.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery