Donations being accepted after little boy killed by two pit bulls
WALWORTH COUNTY (WITI) — A little boy was killed on Wednesday, March 6th when he was attacked by two pit bulls, and detectives have been handed the case to see whether there was any wrongdoing.
The Walworth County Coroner says an autopsy was performed Thursday, March 7th on the body of one-year-old Daxton Borchardt, who was killed Wednesday in a pit bull attack. It could be weeks before an official report is released.
Walworth County deputies say the boy was being watched by a babysitter in a Walworth apartment on Wednesday, when two of the woman’s pit bulls suddenly attacked.
Both the babysitter, 30-year-old Susan Iwicki and the toddler suffered injuries. They were rushed to the hospital, and Borchardt was later flown by Flight for Life to Children’s Hospital, where he later died.
The two pit bulls were euthanized by a veterinarian.
At the Red Room bar in nearby Elkhorn, the little boy was remembered on Thursday. His father is a DJ at the bar, where messages of support were written on the wall.
“Our prayers are with them and if they need anything, you know, we’ll be here,” the bar’s owner said.
Donations can be made at any Associated Bank to the Daxton Borchardt Fund.
Related stories:Submit Your Photo
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed