Mayor of New York is warning people about risks of earbuds
NEW YORK (WITI) – The mayor of New York is targeting headphones.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg has launched a campaign to warn people about the risks of losing their hearing from blasting music on their headphones.
The particular target — teens and earbuds.
Some audiologists say the campaign is a good idea — as they’ve seen more teens coming in with noise-induced hearing loss.
But many New Yorkers had a different reaction — telling Bloomberg to stay out of their ears.
The initiative is being financed with a grant through the city health department’s fundraising arm, Fund for Public Health.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City