MPD, MFD face off in bowling competition at Classic Lanes
GREENFIELD (WITI) — For the 35th year, the Milwaukee Police Department and Milwaukee Fire Department compared their skills at the bowling alley.
The top 40 bowlers from each department got things rolling Thursday afternoon, March 7th at Classic Lanes in Greenfield.
They say the competition is fierce but fun.
“You call this a grudge match, you can call it a fun competitive thing — as I remember a couple of years ago we were short a couple of bowlers. The fire department borrowed us some of the alternates, in the spirit of good sportsmanship,” Marianne Kwiatkowski with the Milwaukee Police Department said.
The fire department has led the series 21-13 over the course of the past 34 years.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?