War Memorial Center hosts Job Fair for Veterans
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — More than 70 employers were on hand Thursday, March 7th for a job fair for veterans.
The Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center’s biannual job fair was at the Milwaukee War Memorial.
They moved to a bigger location to accommodate more employers and job seekers.
Miller Coors and We Energies were just a couple of the employers looking to fill jobs.
Many job seekers saw this job fair as a great first step in getting back to work.
“A lot of good companies that are out here. Trucking as well as manufacturing, logistical, social services and health care. They have a number of different opportunities for people to work,” Kate Varisco said.
The Milwaukee County Parks Department was also on hand. They recently announced a plan to hire 100 veterans for seasonal work.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl