Stritch wins NAIA National Championship
POINT LOOKOUT, Mo — Cardinal Stritch won its’ first NAIA Division II Men’s National Basketball Championship with a 73-59 win over top-ranked Williams Penn (Iowa) on Tuesday night in Point Lookout, Missouri.
The second-seeded Wolves (35-3) cashed in on their 10th try in the tournament behind the 21 point performance of Darren Moore.
Head coach Drew Diener (cousin of former Marquette star Travis Diener) was assisted on the bench by his father Dick, who came out of retirement to offer his experience.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed