Chef Feker joins FOX6 WakeUp to prepare asparagus and fresh basil pasta.
IL MITOS SPRING ASPARAGUS AND FRESH BASIL PASTA
• 1 lb your favorite pasta (Angel Hair preferred)
• 1 head of garlic roasted and pureed
• 3 cloves garlic chopped
• 6 Sprigs Italian parsley chopped
• 1 tsp Chili flakes
• 1/2 lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
• 1/2 lb Asparagus Blanched and cut into bite size pieces
• 5 big basil leaves cut into thin strips
• 1/4 cup White Dry White Wine
• 1/4 cup chicken broth (homemade preferred)
• 5 Roma tomatoes (roasted at 275 degrees for 6 hours)
• 2 tbsp EV olive oil
• 1/3 cup Pesto
1. Boil your water for pasta. Start cooking your pasta according to package directions.
2. In a large pan heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat, sauté the chopped garlic, chili flakes andparsley.
3. When the garlic turns translucent and lightly golden, add the white wine and allow the wine toreduce to a glaze.
4. Stir in the roasted garlic. Add chicken broth then add the shrimp, asparagus and tomatoes.
5. Add the fresh basil leaves to the sauce. When the shrimp are almost cooked turn off the heat.
6. Add 3 tablespoons of the pasta water. Strain your pasta well and toss with the sauce.
7. Season with salt and pepper and add enough pesto so that all the pasta is evenly coated.
8. Enjoy at your table our mine at IL MITO.