MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- The Milwaukee Brewers begin the 2013 season at Miller Park on Monday, April 1st against the Colorado Rockies. Details for Opening Day ceremonies follow. In addition, promotions for the first homestand, including the first All Fan Bobblehead giveaway – Norichika Aoki on Sunday, April 7th – are included below.
Tickets for Opening Day are sold out. Tickets remain available for the other five games of the homestand.
The Miller Park parking lots opened at 9 a.m. on Opening Day. The gates to Miller Park opened at 11 a.m. Please note the changes to gate opening times for the 2013 season. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to first pitch for all games this season except for Opening Day and all Saturday games in June, July and August.
For those games, gates will open two hours prior to first pitch. Parking lots will open three hours before every game this season.
James Beckum, founder of the Beckum-Stapleton Little League and former Negro Leagues player, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Beckum started the Beckum-Stapleton Little League on Milwaukee’s near north side in 1964 and has been a fixture in the community and in the league ever since.
Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the national anthem before Monday’s Opening Day
Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Famous Racing Sausages will take part in the 11th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2013 magnetic schedule, compliments of Caterpillar Global Mining. All fans will also receive a Brewers rally towel.
The Brewers would also like to make fans aware of several logistical notes before the games this weekend.
- I-94 Lane Closures – The Brewers want to ensure the fan experience at Miller Park is enjoyable and that begins with traveling to and from the game. Throughout the early season games, periodic lane closures will be in effect on I-94. Fans are encouraged to stay up to date on traffic information by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website at www.511wi.gov for up to the minute lane closures, alternate routes and other traffic information.
- Gate Times – Gate times at Miller Park have been adjusted for the 2013 season. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to first pitch for all games this season except Opening Day and all Saturday games in June, July and August. For those games, gates will open two hours prior to first pitch.
- Parking Lots – The Miller Park parking lots will open three hours prior to all games this season.
- Weather – With the unusually cold outdoor temperatures this month, fans may care to bring a light jacket to the exhibition games, especially the evening game on Friday. Temperatures in Miller Park will be approximately 30 degrees warmer than outside, meaning it may feel slightly cooler than normal inside the seating bowl.
- Design a YOUniform – In January at Brewers On Deck, the Brewers announced Ben Peters as the winner of the “Design a YOUniform” contest. Nearly 700 fans entered their alternate uniform designs in the contest, and Peters’ winning uniform will be worn by the team for the game on Saturday. Merchandise featuring the winning design is on sale at the Brewers Team Store by Majestic.