MILWAUKEE (WITI) -- Milwaukee police say the body recovered from the Milwaukee River on Thursday evening, March 28th has been positively identified as Nick Wilcox.
An autopsy performed Friday morning, March 29th found no trauma or injury and attributes the death to accidental drowning. Toxicology testing is still pending.
Wilcox was last seen outside the Irish Rec Room on Old World 3rd St. early Tuesday morning, January 1st. Wilcox was out celebrating on New Year’s Eve with friends, when he reportedly left the bar with a man in a red shirt.
Friends last saw Wilcox heading down an alley outside the bar between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. on New Year’s Day.
- Body recovered from Milwaukee River near Old World 3rd Street
- Loved ones gather to remember missing man, Nick Wilcox
- Digital billboards to feature picture of missing 24-year-old Nick Wilcox
- Sunday marks another day in search for 24-year-old Nick Wilcox
- Family and friends continue to search for Nick Wilcox, missing since NYE
- Family of Nick Wilcox ask for public's help in search