Syracuse smothers Marquette in East Regional Final, 55-39
WASHINGTON, D.C. (WITI) — The final chapter of this season’s book is unsatisfying for Marquette. Although in time, perspective may allow the Golden Eagles to appreciate their run to the Elite Eight.
The Syracuse Orangemen drubbed Marquette in the East Regional Final at Washington, D.C. The final was 55 to 39.
As good as the Golden Eagles looked on Thursday night against Miami, the tables were turned on Saturday, March 30th. Marquette struggled all day on the offensive end and wound up with its lowest point total of the season. MU made only 12 of 53 shots. From outside the arc, the Golden Eagles hit only three of 24 shots. Vander Blue was held to just 14 points.
Syracuse will represent the Big East Conference in Atlanta. Syracuse will face the winner of Sunday’s South Regional final between Florida and Michigan.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father