Elderly woman struck by car near Walgreens at 92nd and Beloit
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Milwaukee police say an elderly woman was badly injured when she was struck by a car near Walgreens at 92nd and Beloit.
It happened around 5:30 Wednesday evening, April 3rd.
Police say the vehicle that struck the 89-year-old woman is a Jeep Liberty.
A friend of the victim told FOX6 News the woman lives near Walgreens and was on her way to the store to do some shopping. The woman’s friend says her son was supposed to pick her up, but she got tired of waiting on him and decided to walk home.
The woman’s friend told FOX6 News the woman is in the ICU, and is not expected to survive. Police say the woman is in critical condition.
FOX6 News is told the driver of the car that allegedly hit the woman remained at the scene. Police say the driver was not cited or arrested.
Police say alcohol and drugs do not appear to be a factor in this incident.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City