One dead after school bus, two vehicles collide in northern Illinois
WADSWORTH, IL (WITI) — One person is dead and several others are hurt after a school bus and two other vehicles collided in Northern Illinois Friday morning, April 5th. The school bus rolled over as a result of the crash.
According to officials, a Jeep Wrangler, an SUV and a school bus collided near Route 173 and Kilbourn in Wadsworth, Illinois around 8 a.m. That’s just east of I-94 in Lake County.
The bus was transporting 35 students to Newport Elementary School in Wadsworth, IL.
According to authorities, the driver of the Jeep Wrangler died as a result of the crash.
More than a dozen students on board were transported to three different hospitals for non-life threatening injuries.
An accident reconstruction crew is at the scene investigating the cause of the crash.
Witnesses told police they saw the driver of the school bus run a red light and t-bone the Jeep Wrangler; however, that too, is under investigation.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City