Oak Creek police, DNR investigate animal harassment case
OAK CREEK (WITI) — The Oak Creek Police Department and the state DNR are investigating a case of animal harassment.
The case came to light when video of the alleged act was posted on YouTube. That video was titled, “How to put a t-shirt on a feisty deer.” It showed a group of men holding a deer down while they put a bright-colored t-shirt on it. They then released the animal with the shirt.
DNR officials say the video was taken in Oak Creek — and they have identified the persons involved. The video has since been removed from YouTube.
No citations are charges have been issued yet for the individuals responsible for the video. But the DNR and Oak Creek police are in the process of sorting that out.
DNR officials say the minimum fine for animal harassment is $300. The maximum fine is $2,100. That would not include additional citations or charges that the Oak Creek Police Department could issue.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed