17-year-old boy gunned down at Washington Park
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Milwaukee police are investigating a fatal shooting that happened at Washington Park on the city’s north side on Monday afternoon, May 6th.
The victim, 17-year-old Daniel Gardner, was at the playground with a little boy in a stroller. Apparently, the shooter walked up to the vGardner around 2:30 p.m.
Witnesses say the two exchanged words — and then the Gardner said something like, “You’re not going to do it here, are you?” Then, the suspect apparently fired a shot that struck Gardner.
Milwaukee police believe the suspect and the victim knew each other.
The gunman is not in custody.
This killing in broad daylight caught the attention of city leaders. Milwaukee Common Council President Willie Hines represents the area and calls the attack an isolated and targeted incident.
“I’ve been on the council now for 17 years. I’ve never had to deal with anything of this sort,” Hines said.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father