Sheb. Co. Humane Society Executive Director due in court
SHEBOYGAN COUNTY (WITI) — Eilene Ribbens, the executive director of the Shebogyan County Humane Society who’s facing charges for illegally buying drugs, is due in court Tuesday, May 7th for her preliminary hearing.
Prosecutors say Ribbens illegally ordered 1,000 pills of tramadol hydrochloride — a powerful pain medication. She allegedly used the Wisconsin Puppy Mill Project’s credit card to pay the bill and lied to co-workers, saying she was ordering the pills for a dog who couldn’t afford the meds, out of the “kindness of her heart.” However, Ribbens later admitted to police she actually sent the medication via Fed-Ex to her sister and niece.
Sheboygan County prosecutors say the charges against Ribbens could result in the shelter losing its license to operate. Leaders at the Humane Society say Ribbens was just following her passion and was trying to help animals.
- Sheboygan Co. Humane Society Executive Director under investigation
- Man who reported Eilene Ribbens suspended from Humane Society
- Investigation ongoing into suspended Sheb. Co. Humane vet
- Group calls for resignation of Humane Society’s director
- Humane Society could lose license if director found guilty