Officials respond to chemical spill at Fontarome Chemical
ST. FRANCIS (WITI) — The St. Francis Fire Department responded to the scene of a chemical spill at Fontarome Chemical on Nevada Avenue in St. Francis late Monday night, May 13th.
According to officials, the spill occurred just before midnight during the distilling process. Authorities say pressure caused the non-hazardous material to break a line, allowing the material to escape into the room of origin.
Approximately 25 gallons of the non-hazardous material spilled.
According to authorities, no injuries were sustained as a result of the spill and the non-hazardous material poses no threat to the environment.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo