Pirates walk off downs Crew 4-3 in 12
PITTSBURGH — Andrew McCutchen delivered a 12th-inning walk-off homer with Mike Fiers on the mound as the Pirates came back for a 4-3 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday night at PNC Park.
The Pirates tied the game in the 8th inning when Russell Martin smacked a run-scoring double off John Axford.
Brewers starter Kyle Lohse left with a 3-2 lead, but he received a no-decision because the struggling Axford couldn’t hold the lead.
Reigning National League Player of the week Jean Segura hit his 7th homer to open the scoring.
Carlos Gomez doubled home Ryan Braun to give the Crew a 2-1 advantage in the top of the 4th.
Segura’s ground out in the 5th made it 3-1.
The Brewers have lost 4 of 5 games on the road trip.
The rubber match of the three game series is scheduled for Wednesday night in Pittsburgh.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee