Possible explosion leads to fire at Sussex home
SUSSEX (WITI) — A house went up in flames near Sunset and Hickory Dr. in Sussex late Saturday night, May 18th.
Just before 10 p.m., several people living in the area say they heard an explosion — which led to the flames. That is not confirmed by officials.
Firefighters say the fire started in the garage and then spread to the home. They estimate damage to be more than $100,000.
Nobody was hurt — and there’s no word on the exact cause of the blast.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo