Weekend Operation Drive Sober patrols net 12 arrests
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — At the start of this year, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke ordered an aggressive weekend Driving Under the Influence (DUI) initiative to rid the Milwaukee County freeway system of drunken drivers.
This weekend’s initiative from Friday, May 17th at 6:00 p.m. through Sunday, May 19th at 6:00 a.m. resulted in the arrest of 12 drunken drivers. The average PAC of these offenders was .16.
Two of these were repeat offenders for their second DUI offense: Terry Brown, age 26, of Milwaukee and Megan Luedcke, age 28, of Cudahy.
First-time offenders from Milwaukee include: Freddie Brown, age 61; Raquel Barney, age 25; Mohammad Morrar, age 20; Thong Xiong, age 26; and Matthew Her, age 23.
Others charged with DUI-1st offenses include: Mary Tombari, age 54, and Shane Davis, age 31, both of West Allis; Richard Cecil, age 25, of Winthrop Harbor, IL; Jacob Adams, age 27, of Waukesha; and Heather Leach, age 19, of Hartland.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him