Southeast Wisconsin Career Expo Wednesday at UW-Parkside
RACINE (WITI) — Racine County Workforce Development Center (WDC) with their Regional Workforce Partners and the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) invited job seekers and employers to register for the Southeast Wisconsin Career Expo, scheduled for May 22. The event was held from 12-4 p.m. at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside’s Sports & Activity Center.
Racine County WDC, Regional Workforce Partners and DWD, are co-sponsoring the Southeast Wisconsin Career Expo. It is the third event of its kind organized to match area employers that have current openings with job seekers who have completed one-on-one counseling, developed a professional resume and cover letter and completed other pre-screening activities in advance.
In addition to this Racine area event, two career expo events occurred last year, one in May in West Allis and the second in October in Green Bay. Each event drew dozens of employers and hundreds of pre-screened job seekers.
In follow-up surveys, businesses gave high marks to the career expos and many noted that permanent hires resulted from direct connections made at each event. Employers in the Racine area who are interested in registering for the 2013 Southeast Wisconsin Career Expo can find details and register online at www.WisconsinCareerExpo.com.
Interested Racine County job seekers must complete a simple registration process:
1. Visit www.JobCenterofWisconsin.com, and register or update your information;
2. Use the Job Seeker Tools on the site to create or update a resume and complete a self-assessment survey (be sure to print copies for the final step); and
3. Complete a work readiness session with an employment specialist at a local Job Center to review the resume and self-assessment survey, review steps in the job application process, and receive an admission ticket: http://www.wisconsinjobcenter.org/jobfairs/screening_info.htm.
For more information please connect with the Racine County Workforce Development Center or access the website www.WisconsinCareerExpo.com.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father