Businesses work to bring donations to Moore tornado victims
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Several businesses in the Milwaukee area are collaborating this week to provide relief to those devastated by last week’s tornado in Moore, Okla. Five locations will be accepting supplies and donations beginning Wednesday, May 29th, and ending Saturday, June 8th.
Among those businesses partaking in the disaster relief effort are Mixx Night Club, Rusty’s Old 50, Pat Oak Manor, Operation Locate Our Children and Jake & T.J. Dohlun Complete Heat Treating. The five participants hope to accumulate enough contributions to fill an entire semi-truck by Saturday, June 8th.
Items that will be accepted include bottled water, cleaning supplies, diapers, baby wipes, non-perishable food items, personal hygiene items, dog and cat food, new or gently used clothing and cash donations.
The following locations will be accepting donations:
- Mixx Night Club: 906 S. Barclay St., Milwaukee, Wis. from Wednesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Rusty’s Old 50: 730 Old World 3rd St., Milwaukee, Wis. from Wednesday through Saturday, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Pat’s Oak Manor: 1804 15th Ave., Milwaukee, Wis. from Wednesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Johnny Mo’s: 1301 Milwaukee Ave., Milwaukee, Wis. from Wednesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Bootz Saloon & Grill: 8950 South 27th St., Oak Creek, Wis. From Wednesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.